Tuesday, February 25, 2014

5 in 5!

I'm a little late in publishing this blog entry. Okay I'm REALLY late in posting this blog entry, but sometimes life just gets in the way! As of day five of the Cleanse Phase, I was down 5 pounds. That's right, 5 pounds lost in 5 days! Just the boost I needed to stay motivated. I was down 6.6 pounds as of day 7. Today officially marks day 10 and the final day of the Cleanse Phase. I will wait until the morning to weigh myself to see where I land at the conclusion of Phase 1 and report back with final results. I anxiously await starting the Max Phase, but will wait until tomorrow to post more information about that. 

In the meantime I thought I would clarify a few things that have come up since starting this journey. I previously mentioned that a huge part of AdvoCare's 24 Day Challenge is eating clean and healthy. During the Cleanse Phase it is IMPERATIVE that you eliminate dairy and vinegar entirely. This makes salad dressing choices a tad bit difficult. I found that I was easily able to get around it by: 1) adding a little olive oil and herbs, or 2) adding a hard-boiled egg, quinoa, and/or avocado - the moisture of those ingredients really does not require any additional dressing, and was quite delish! :) Eliminating dairy temporarily didn't really phase me. I bought Almond Milk in place of regular milk, and just took a break from my beloved cheese and yogurt! For those of you who don't think you can ditch yogurt for the 10 days, I saw this at the grocery store in the yogurt section:
It is also suggested that you eliminate or drastically reduce your coffee intake. This was hard for me simply because coffee is my vice. Drinking two Spark waters per day helped with the caffeine withdrawals, but I definitely consumed way more caffeine per day than the Spark replacements I am currently drinking. But if I'm being totally honest, it really has not been THAT bad!
So tomorrow will be my last weigh in for the Cleanse Phase - wish me luck! If you have any questions about the challenge or the cleanse phase, please comment here or message me. Feel free to check out my AdvoCare page if you are interested in purchasing a challenge, becoming a distributor, or simply want more product information. I also found out last night that you can now create your own bundle when ordering the 24 Day Challenge, which was NOT available when I purchased mine. Hence getting stuck with the very textural, pulpy Citrus fiber drink. You will now be able to select the two different Spark flavors of your choice, the fiber drink flavor of your choice (PEACHES AND CREAM), the meal replacement flavor of your choice, and the MNS formula of your choice. SO much better than the options I was given only two weeks ago.


I leave you with that. I need to get busy organizing my bags for the next 14 days of the Max Phase, oh, and to create a rubric for a group presentation tomorrow! Damn life getting in the way again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment